As a moderator you are able to promote or demote other viewers' role status in the live meeting or remove a user from the meeting.
If a user has entered as a viewer, you can promote their role to the moderator role or demote a user from the moderator to viewer role.
Moderators appear in the users list with a Square  avatar icon while Viewers appear in the users list with a Circular  avatar icon
Use cases for promoting a viewer to a moderator include:
- Upgrading a guest speaker entering the session to the moderator role enables more control over the session to the speaker.
- Upgrading a moderator who was mistakenly assigned the viewer role in the LMS when the meeting was created.
Use cases for demoting a moderator include:
- Demote a moderator who was mistakenly assigned the role in the LMS.
- Demote moderators to reduce number of users who have unlimited access to the session.
Promoting to Moderator
To promote a viewer to a moderator, select their avatar in the users list and choose promote to moderator.
The viewer avatar should change shapes from a circle to a square to indicate they now have moderator status.
Demoting to Viewer
To demote a moderator to a viewer, select their avatar in the users list and choose demote to viewer.
The moderator avatar should change shapes from a square to a circle to indicate they are now a viewer.
Removing a User
To kick a user from the session, select their avatar in the users list and choose Remove user.
Removal persists for the duration of the session. Specifically,
- If you remove a phone user, they are not able to dial back into the session from the same phone.
- If you remove a regular user, they are not able to rejoin the session in a similar manner.
For example, if a student joined through the learning management system (LMS), they would be unable to rejoin the current session through the LMS. The same applies to a Personal Rooms link or Guest invite link.
The removal is only for the current session. A removed user can still join other BigBlueButton sessions or the same session again if restarted at a later time.