The latest release of BigBlueButton has a number of usability and engagement features to make it easier for you to hold online classes.
- Background uploading of presentations (Video)
- Left/right placement of cameras relative to presentation
- Active talker more visible
- Notifications for raise hand (Video)
- Screen share can also share system audio (Windows)
- Notification when speaking and microphone is muted
- Ability to switch microphone input and audio output (Video)
- Connectivity status icon
- 16 Breakout Rooms
- Automatic joining of audio when entering breakout room
- One click poll with Smart Slides (Video of all enhanced polling features)
- Prompt users to type in a poll response
- Poll results appear in Chat
- Assign individual users whiteboard privileges
- Randomly select a user
Easily switch between presentations
Left/right placement of cameras relative to presentation
Active talker more visible
In 2.3, the person who is talking will always appear on the left of the webcam list (horizontal webcam view) or on the top (vertical webcam view) aft5er they have spoken for a few seconds.
Notifications for raise hand
Moderator's are now notified when a student raises their hand. To clear this notification, simply click "Lower Hands"
Notification when speaking and microphone is muted
There is now a notification that shows you when you are talking and your microphone is muted. You can disable this notification simply by clicking it. It will then not show up until you unmute and then mute yourself again.
Ability to switch microphone input and audio output
You can now choose which microphone (input device) and which speakers (output device) you want to use in BigBlueButton.
Connectivity status icon
There is now a Connectivity Status icon in BigBlueButton. It is in the upper right corner of the BigBlueButtonscreen and you can also use it to turn off webcams and/or screen sharing.
16 Breakout Rooms
Randomly select a user
There is a new option for the presenter that will display a dialog randomly selecting a student from the class.
Here's an example of selecting the student Alex Whitehead.